Every month, Beauty Heroes amazes me. When I first started my green beauty transition, Beauty Heroes was and is a no brainer. A monthly subscription box includes one full-sized item, and a trusty side kick or two (generally an accompanying product from the same line in a travel size) for $39!! Yes, that’s right. $39. Each box has a minimum retail value of $60, but let me tell you… most boxes are worth much much more. To top it off, if you subscribe to Beauty Heroes, you receive 15% off on all products in their Shop! Oh, Beauty Heroes, how you make my heart flutter 💓
This months box featured a brand I have been dying to try – Josh Rosebrook. I had heard wonders, and was so curious about a line that includes natural hair and skincare products. So, who is he? A holistic hair stylist and skincare guru with the everlasting idea that “skin, like the body, has the extraordinary ability to heal itself.” His very first product was the Cacao Antioxidant Mask, and today he works with a team of phytochemists and an herbalist to conceive, test and perfect this craft.
Okay, let’s get into the nitty gritty…
This months box included a full sized Cacao Antioxidant Face Mask (1.5oz, $60), a travel sized Hydrating Accelarator (2oz for $16, or 4oz for $32) and a single use sample of Josh Rosebrook’s new perfume, Etheral. To be honest, I opened Etheral and quickly closed it. Fragrance wasn’t for me.
The Cacao Antioxidant Face Mask. First impression… WOW! This rich, creamy and unique blend of ingredients left my skin with a incredible sense of rejuvenation. Upon opening there were robust, pleasant herbal wafts, with hints of cacao and citrus. It truly smells as if I walked into a luxury chocolateier. During my first use, there was a strong tingling sensation, that disappears over time, which I enjoy. You can literally feel the Cacao working it’s magic!!
Initially, I was put off by the 45 minute setting time, however this mask quickly dries so I didn’t feel as if I have to hold still while wearing the mask (let’s be honest I spent the whole time on the couch watching Fixer Upper reruns…). I prefer to use a brush when applying masks. At first, I attempted to dip my brush into the jar, but the formula is very thick. I realized I needed to dampen my skin or brush, so I sprayed Josh Rosebrook’s Hydrating Accelerator on my skin making application easier. After rinsing with a cloth, my skin was bright, firm, and soft to the touch with a slightly red hue – this is normal – cacao has strong circulation properties which means your skin cells are hard at work. I also noticed that blemishes had decreased in size, and the dry patch of skin on my forehead felt smooth to the touch.
What’s in Josh Rosebrook’s magical mask? Organic, wild harvested, animal testing free happiness. You can find a complete ingredient list here.
- Cacao: Helps to stimulate circulation, increase collagen production, improve elasticity, and brightens skin tone
- Marula Oil: A light textured oil that quickly absorbs into the skin. Highly moisturizing with powerful antioxidants that softens, firms, and treats skin conditions
- Baobab Oil: A do it all oil that contains omega fatty acids that help moisturize, protect the skin, and promote cell rejuvenation with high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Beetroot: Powerful Antioxidant properties that detoxifies, softens, and brightens the skin
- Chickweed: A common garden weed that has incredible calming, and soothing properties to treats skin conditions
- Alfalfa: Abundant in Vitamin A, that helps to calm, reduce redness, soothe and brighten
- Elderberry: Known for their bright color, these berries help to detoxify, and increase radiance by calming, treating acne, soothing, protecting the skin
- Turmeric: Anti-inflammatory that reduces oil production, brightens, reduces redness, increases circulation, and firms
- Ashwagandha: A root that helps to brightens, plumps, firms, calms
- Calendula: Acts as an anti-septic that increases the skins healing process
- St Johns Wort: Calms, reduces redness, soothes, softens, and brightens
- Sage: High in antioxidants that balances oil and calms the skin, treat acne, and stimulates skin growth
- Ginko: High in flavonoids that helps increase circulation, brightens, reduces redness, and firms
Multi-tasking as an anti-inflammatory, instant hydration, toner and light moisturizer, this year-round staple is cooling in the heat and instantly hydrating in the winter. All ages, skin types and genders can mist as a toner or throughout the day for healthy skin.
Let me tell you, it truly does all that. The spray has a light vanilla smell, and works well with the Cacao Antioxidant Mask. I find myself grabbing this in the morning as a toner, after I’ve applied makeup as a setting spray, and at night as an extra moisture boost before applying any oils. In the AM/PM I prefer to spray into my hands and pat into my face.
Overall, I genuinely look forward to using both the Cacao Antioxidant Mask & Hydrating Accelerator! I use the mask when my skin really needs that extra moisturizing, balancing and detoxifying punch. However, this mask also works great when you skin just needs a little pick me up. The Hydrating Accelerator is a great addition, but may not be a “holy grail” product for me. So far, I’m loving the multi-use capabilities, but need to test for longer to see the true benefits.
Here’s me getting my face mask on 😂